About the Journal
Focus and Scope
- Geological Engineering
- Geodesy and Mine Surveying
- Mining Engineering and Safety
- Mining Equipment
- Mining Simulation
- Engineering and Surveying
- Geotechnical Structures
- Mining Operational Management
- Economy and Control Systems of Raw Material Utilization
- Ecological Economics
- Environmental Engineering
- Resource Management
Peer Review Process
All parties involved in the act of publishing: the author, the journal editors, the peer reviewer and the publisher agree upon standards of expected ethical behavior.
Duties of Editors
Editors are responsible for the following:
- That information pertaining manuscripts are kept confidential.
- That any observed conflict of interest pertaining manuscripts must be disclosed.
- The editor and any editorial staff must not disclose any information about a submitted manuscript to anyone other than the corresponding author, reviewers, potential reviewers, other editorial advisers, and the publisher, as appropriate.
- The Editorial Board takes responsibility for making publication decisions for submitted manuscripts based on the reviewer’s evaluation of the manuscript, policies of the journal editorial board and legal restrain acting against plagiarism, libel and copyright infringement.
Duties of Reviewers
Reviewers must confirm the following:
- That all manuscripts are reviewed in fairness based on the intellectual content of the paper regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, citizenry nor political values of author(s).
- Any selected referee who feels unqualified to review the research reported in a manuscript or knows that its prompt review will be impossible should notify the editor and excuse himself from the review process.
- Privileged information or ideas obtained through peer review must be kept confidential.
- That any information that may be the reason for the rejection of publication of a manuscript must be communicated to the Editor.
- Reviews should be conducted objectively.
- Reviewers should identify relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors.
All manuscripts sent for publication in our journal are strictly and thoroughly peer-reviewed by experts The Managing Editor of the journal will perform an initial check of the manuscript’s suitability upon receipt. The Editorial Office will then organize the peer-review process performed by independent experts and collect at least two review reports per manuscript. The standard due date for a review is 21 days after the reviewer agrees to review. The authirs are asked to revise the manuscript according to the reviewers' comments and upload the revised file within 10 days. The final decision is made by the Editor-in-Chief of the journal. Accepted articles are copy-edited and English-edited for free.
Duties of Authors
All authors must confirm the following before the submission of manuscript:
- All submitted manuscripts must be original work that is not under submission at another journal.
- Only unpublished manuscripts may be accepted for the review process.
- There should be no conflict of interest.
- Authors should acknowledge the sources of data used in the preparation of the manuscript
Plagiarism before publication
Plagiarism means the use of any material and ideas developed or created by another person without acknowledging the original source. GeoScience Engineering will judge any case of plagiarism on its own merits. If plagiarism is detected, either by the editors, peer reviewers or editorial staff at any stage before publication of a manuscript, we will alert the author(s), asking her or him to either rewrite the text or quote the text exactly and to cite the original source. If the plagiarism is extensive - that is, if at least 25 % of the original submission is plagiarized the article may be rejected and the author’s institution/employer notified.
It is published exclusively in English, 4x a year (at the end of March, June, September and December).
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
All manuscripts are published free of charge.
Abstracting & Indexing
GeoScience Engineering is covered by the following services:
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- Current Geographical Publications
- EBSCO - TOC Premier
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- ProQuest (relevant databases)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- TDOne (TDNet)
- TEMA Technik und Management
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WorldCat (OCLC)
- Index Copernicus
GeoScience Engineering is published online since 2007. In 2015 the journal was put into operation under Open Journal System that contains archives from year 2013. Older articles are available at the old journal pages here: http://gse.vsb.cz/old